Monday, January 18, 2016

WEEK 23

Hi Y'all,
 
This week has been awesome! On Monday we played soccer, so you know I started the week out great haha! On Tuesday we continued teaching the new member lessons to a new move in, in the ward. Her name is Danielle, & she is super excited about the Gospel and reminds me a lot of my Mom. Wednesday Elder Gallano and I went out to lunch to some hole in the wall Chinese place, with Elder Meraz and his new comp, Elder Folau. The food tasted super good but very bad for me & I got minor food poisoning. My appetite hasn't been the same yet. Later that night we went on splits with the 3rd ward, a member of the Elders quorum, Bro. Harper, and I went to our appointment with the Jesse Vycital. At first I had no idea what to say. Earlier I had prepared something along the lines of Understanding promptings from the Holy Ghost, but the words just weren't really flowing out of my mouth. After a while I just stop talking for a minute and immediately a thought came to me. The thought was a memory of Elder Gallano and I studying in the morning a while back, we prayed to know for a good time for Jesse to be baptized, we decided on March 5. I began to talk again to Jesse and I invited him to be baptized on March 5... He said yes! We still have a lot of work to do to get him to that point but it will be fun! I am excited to see the effort that Jesse puts in as he works towards his goal of March 5.

I love you all. Hope all is well.
 
~Elder Stevens

Inline image 2
Jun Jun and his cousins and of course Elder Gallano

No comments:

Post a Comment