Monday, October 5, 2015

WEEK 8


Hey Everybody,
This week has felt pretty long, yet fast due to all that happened. It's a new transfer, a lot of work going on and so forth. Since it's the new transfer we got transfer call outs on Saturday morning. Elder Meraz and I were both expecting what was to come for the most part. Elder Meraz got transferred to Boise North, he is going to continue to train an Elder I came out with and is a District Leader now. Elder Meraz started in the area I am now, Meridian Central Zone, he had been here for 7 1/2 months, which is why we were expecting him to get transferred. I got my new companion Elder Castillo, He is 24, a convert at 19, and has 3 months left! He is also from Temple, Texas and knows a little about College Station, we talked a little about that. The best part of it all though is that he's not an Aggie ;) haha. I'm looking forward to what comes from this companionship. With Elder Meraz gone, I have a lot of weight on my shoulders now because I am now "in charge" of the area, due to the fact that Elder Casillo is from a different area.
This week we contacted a media referral we got. The couple are in their mid 20's and pretty interested. Nicole was a member quite a while ago and is looking into coming back, her husband/boyfriend, is not a member, and as we were teaching them Lesson 1 he was paying very close attention and asking questions, seems to me he has great potential. We are set to return Thursday!
THE DRISKELL'S ARE FINALLY GETTING BAPTIZED!!! This Saturday at 3. Earlier in the week on Wednesday we went over and just set up a date with them we had decided on the upcoming Friday, which was the 2nd, but later that night they said they couldn't do that because some of their friends weren't able to make it. So that Friday, instead of them getting baptized, we took the Bishop over to get things settled. It really helped and worked. Then just yesterday we met with them to fill out their baptismal record and get the agenda set. While we were there we talked with them about General Conference. They said that they loved it and that it answered a lot of their questions. They said they loved President Uchtdorf a lot, it was so awesome to hear that coming from people soon to be baptized. They have great souls and attitudes despite their age and condition. As we were talking we asked them who they'd like to perform the baptism, They said that they would like Elder Meraz to do it since he was there from the start, but after a while and out of no where Sister Driskell said that she would like me to baptize her! I can't wait! I told her that I would be honored too and that it would also be my first baptism ever performed. She, in turn, was honored.
General Conference was awesome! I was most definitely excited to hear from the Prophet and Apostles. I have gained a greater sense of gratitude for the blessing we have to have a living Prophet on this earth to guide and lead us in these latter-days. I think that because of this gratitude I've gained, and maybe due to the fact that I stayed awake for all of it this time haha, it was my favorite Conference yet. I really liked what Elder Bednar had to say when he quoted Elder Nelson. Elder Nelson said, and paraphrasing, "When you can't do what you used to do, then do what matters most." I thought it was perfect for missionaries. The things that matter most are bringing souls to Jesus Christ.
I miss and love everyone. I can't wait for this next week and to see what's in store.
Love,
~Elder Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment