Tuesday, December 15, 2015

WEEK 18

Hey Y'all! 

Big news! I'm training now! ...well sort of. Elder Galleano, from the Philippines, has been waiting for his visa he was serving in the Philippines for a while so I don't have to teach him a lot of stuff. He is a cool kid, he's actually 20 so older than me, I have a feeling all my companions are going to be older than me for a little while. Elder Castillo will be with us for a little while longer, he goes home Thursday, so we are in a Trio right now until then. We also got our car taken, for whatever reason someone else needs a car more than us, so we will be on bikes now... in 30 degree weather, Wish me luck! I think I'd rather be on bike in the winter than in summer, with the cold you can actually do something about it. Should be very interesting.

We have been doing a lot of Christmas stuff this past week. We helped usher at the Stake Activity and been attending ward parties. This time of season is awesome! People are so willing to let you in for once haha. We were able to get into a less-active families home and share A savior is born with them (for all who haven't checked out the video here is the link, it's awesome! https://www.mormon.org/christmas) it was a great meeting, they fed us dinner and said we could come back sometime this week. The Christmas season is awesome, a time to reflect back on our Savior's birth and his life. I have grown to love my brother, Jesus Christ, so much since I've been out her, maybe because I talk about him everyday. I am so thankful for his sacrifice for us and example, the example that we should all be following. During this Christmas season I challenge all to go and do a selfless act, just as our Redeemer did every waking minute of his life. 

Merry Christmas!
~Elder Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment