Monday, February 8, 2016

WEEK 26

Transfers today! We received the transfer call out this last Saturday and.... I'm staying! I am so happy. If you've been keeping track I haven't left my first area yet, I will be here for 7 1/2 months guaranteed, that's quite a long time for those who know, I could go longer who knows! A lot of my close friends got transferred, Elder Leuga, my old District leader just went to a Zone leader in Boise and Elder Simkins went to a zone over, in Meridian west. P-days will be very different for the next little while, definitely won't be as much sports as there was prior.

The area. This area is so ready to see baptisms, right now we have three on date, Jun Jun, Jesse Vycital, and Sergio. This Saturday, Jun Jun will be getting baptized, so all week we will be busy preparing and organizing for that. It is surprisingly a lot of work, but we are very excited for him. Elder Gallano and I have set a goal to have 2 more people on date and find 3 more investigators! I am looking forward to this transfer! Expect a lot from us!
 
Being in an area for this long you really build a good relationship with the members of the ward and they are able to see you grow as a missionary. Since this is my first area, I'm sure they have seen some changes. Our ward mission leader, Bro. Riley and his wife were talking with another member about us, the missionaries. They were saying how much better I've gotten and talking and the fact that I'm not shy anymore haha. I didn't realize I was being that shy that it was noticeable. I love my mission! Being a missionary is the greatest decision of my life. Serving our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, for two years? Nothing can top that! 
 
I love you all!
 
~Elder Stevens

Chinese hot pot with new ward mission leader.



No comments:

Post a Comment